Well, hello there, 2018. These first few days after New Years have felt like some sort of weird limbo. I'm back at work and back to normal, yet I feel like 2018 doesn't really kick off properly until Monday. Is it just me?
Anyway! I've seen my year- in-review posts rumble all over the blogging world in the last week or so, and of course I also wanted to do some sort of round up from the passed 12 months. This is my little version of a yearly round up, where I list 17 good things that happened throughout the year of 2017.
1. I got my first ”proper” post university job in January. A mile stone and a great way to start a brand New Year.
2. I evolved my cooking skills and have gotten more and more into vegetarian food & recipes (after several failed attempts I’ve also realised I’ll probably stick to food as I'll never gonna be a good baker...).
3. I learnt to say no (more often) to things when I felt like I needed to rest, something I still need to practice even more.
4. I fell back in love with writing for my own sake, for "my eyes only", if you will. Mainly just to clear my head and to put down my thoughts into words. You should try it if you haven't already!
5. Photography and I had a fling over the summer, and I took loads of photos - and actually loved what I created.
6. I had a well needed long weekend in Rome in the beginning of summer with a person dear to me. I ate loads, laughed and just wandered the stunning Roman streets.
7. Not long after I got back from Italy, I went on a few weeks summer holiday, and I spent it up on the west coast in my family’s cottage. Glorious.
8. I cut my hair off to my collar bones in spring and realised that the long hair just ”wasn't me” anymore (reminds me, it's gotten really long again, need a trim ASAP!).
9. I set long term financial goals and felt like a proper adult, hehe.
10. I reduced my sugar intake a lot and my body loved me for it.
11. Piece by piece, drawer by drawer, I’ve been getting rid of random stuff that’s been cramming up my space and I feel kilos lighter - mind and soul.
12. I (finally) got into podcasts and now can’t understand how I didn’t give them a go earlier.
13. My love for whipping up cocktails grew and you can see some evidence here.
14. I read the book Food Pharmacy about gut bacteria and anti inflammatory foods and it was like I had the biggest ”aha-moment” ever (read it!).
15. Speaking of, I generally read more books than the year before *pat on the back*.
16. I found invisi-bobble hair ties and life changed for the better. Nope, no joke there - they're that good.
17. I stopped snoozing my alarm a billion times every morning. I'm down to one. Okay, so maybe two...